So what do you think?

Coordinator
Aug 6, 2012 at 5:37 PM

Leave your comments below and I'll get back to thanks,

-Ian

Aug 31, 2012 at 4:26 PM

This Framework is  really great!

I'm currently developing a Metro App which is using MVVM Light but I will definitely switch to Style MVVM next time. 

As usual I would prefer more examples/documentation in future releases :)

Coordinator
Aug 31, 2012 at 6:58 PM

Thanks,

I have to agree the examples and documentation are definitely lacking, funny enough its also the hardest part of project (I never would have guessed going into it). I can sling code all day long but actually writing intelligent thoughtful documentation and examples is the hardest part of it. I'm working on doing a code project article along with some other documentation and I'll post it on codeplex when its ready.

Currently I'm working on V2 (changes to support C++, HTML/JS) and I'm wondering if there are any feature changes you'd recommend or new features you think would be helpful in developing Metro apps?

Anyways thanks for the feed back and feel free to send along any comments or question.

-Ian

Sep 6, 2012 at 9:55 AM
Hi Ian,

I can understand that you would like to implement your ideas as fast as possible, but it is actually very difficult to understand these ideas without documentation. A detailed documentation is not necessarely but a complete XML documentation would be very helpfull.

Unfortunately, I still cannot give concrete recommendations regarding improvements since I didn't even have time to properly test your framework.

A powerful MVVM framework should completely support the MVVM pattern without open questions. It should not leave the programmer alone with several questions about "How do I implement navigation? What's best practise in that case?" in their mind. That's what I'll hopefully avoid using Style MVVM.

CK

Coordinator
Sep 6, 2012 at 3:21 PM

Points taken, I'm currently trying to finish Version 2 which includes support for C++ & HTML/JS. Once I'm finished that (hopefully releasing in 2 weeks) then I'm going to focus on documentation.

Thanks for taking the time to reply, hopefully you will find what you are looking for in Style MVVM.

Nov 21, 2012 at 8:21 PM

Love it!  Started using MVVMLight and switched to Style MVVM...  Wish I had some time to help you on creating/updating some of the samples...  Possibly in the near future...  I love the way that you have integrated it with the Microsoft templates...  This is going to make it very easy to adopt...

Coordinator
Nov 21, 2012 at 10:31 PM

That's great to hear.

Any help you have to give in the future will be more than welcome and even if you can't find time to write code just spreading the word that there is another option other than MVVMLight is very helpful for adoption :)

Also if you have any suggestions for feature additions or improvements let me know.

-Ian