This project is read-only.

Handling of Business Entities

May 15, 2013 at 8:17 PM
Hi

I dont quite understand how you are handling Business Entities. Looking in your Weather example I cans see "ComplexObject" and "NotifyObject". Whats the difference and where can I find them??

I am using your latest release of StyleMVVM from nuget.

//regards
//lg
May 15, 2013 at 8:30 PM
Hi lg,

NotifyObject - Is a base object that implements the INotifyPropertyChanged interface and is an all around base class for everything that needs property notification. It's the base of all my ViewModels and data models.

ComplexObject - This is intended as a base object that can be used when you want your objects to have a complex hierarchy (parent/child relation ship).

If your models are large object graphs of parents and children I would go with ComplexObject, otherwise NotifyObject is perfectly fine for doing all your models with.

To your question about where are they located. This is another one of those weird WinRT things.

The core parts (DI container, ViewModel resolution, etc) of the framework are located in StyleMVVM that can be used for C#, C++/CX and HTML/JS. The other parts of the framework like base classes and generic methods are located in the StyleMVVM.CSharp package (this is because those features aren't supported by C++/CX and HTML/JS)

You should be able to add the StyleMVVM.CSharp nuget package and everything should work.

-Ian
May 15, 2013 at 8:43 PM
Thanks again. Now it works.

//lg