This project is read-only.

App bar

Jun 5, 2013 at 2:51 PM
Are there any support for "App bar" in StyleMvvm. ( http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/windows/apps/hh465304.aspx#appbar )
Jun 5, 2013 at 2:56 PM
Hi Lg,

I don't have anything specific right now but I'm always interested in adding user requested features. Where you thinking something along the lines of a service to make it easier to work with? Maybe a custom template or two around developing an app bar?

I'm going to release 2.4 here soon but lets try and work out a set of features you think would be interesting for 2.5.

thanks
-Ian
Jun 27, 2013 at 3:50 PM
Hi

I've been focusing on other stuff for a while,, so sorry for late answer. Writing Winrt apps are just a hobby project for me.

I am working alot wid lists (ie GridView). It would be nice if the appbar was opened when right clicking with the mouse. Very much like the Mail and Contact application provided by microsoft are working.

More features?

Well,, programming java applications and using Spring,,, I fell in love with AOP. Spared me from writing a lot of plumbing code.

//regards
//lg
Jun 27, 2013 at 5:04 PM
Hi Lg,

No worries we all get pulled off into other directions.

I'll see about adding that functionality, it can't be to hard right :)

Funny enough you mention AOP, I've been looking at supporting that functionality but it seems it's only possible on .Net, for WinRT they have removed the RealProxy class making impossible to support AOP.

I'll probably end up implementing at some point in time but probably not for another month or two.

Thanks for the input.
-Ian
Jun 28, 2013 at 4:44 PM
No problem.

By the way,, any news about the appbar ?
Have not found anything in the release notes.
Jun 28, 2013 at 5:17 PM
The current version is 3.0.3, which was released slightly before you posted your reply so there won't be anything in that release for the app bar. I'll look at getting something in the next release but I'll be honest it probably won't be for another month (mainly because I have some other things I need to work on but also because I'm trying to let the framework settle for a little bit).