This project is read-only.

Settings CharmControl Binding Issues

Jun 6, 2013 at 6:21 PM
I created a CharmControl to add an about menu to the settings of my app. In the XAML I have the View:ViewModel.Name="AboutVM" which is the name of my BindableBase ViewModel. However when go to this settings page my bindings do not seem to resolve, what's even more confusing is there are no binding errors that it can't find the property or something, it just does not show up, it also does not hit the get's in the VM either. Also I see you can set the header color, do you know of the default brush so I can match this to the default color of the settings flyout, right now its a different blue.

If needed I can send you the About page and it's VM, but I have not done much changing from the default stuff other than specifying my VM name and binding to the content I want in there.
Jun 6, 2013 at 6:24 PM
Silly me! changed my ViewModel to inherit BaseViewModel and all is well, still wondering about the brush though, if not I can just make my own to match.
Jun 6, 2013 at 6:29 PM
Hi Kj,

Yeah send me your ViewModel and the View and I'll take a look this evening. As for the default brush it's #1F0068

The default template for the CharmControl can be found here https://stylemvvm.codeplex.com/SourceControl/latest#346848

Thanks
-Ian
Jun 6, 2013 at 6:39 PM
Ok that makes sense, the BaseViewModel is attributed with the [Export] attribute, so anything inheriting from it will automatically will get exported. If your ViewModel doesn't inherit from it you have to mark the model yourself as an export.

The default brush I thought was matched up with what WinRT was doing for their charms but if the color is off I can always update it.

-Ian